Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Back in the USA...




















I am typing with one hand because Elliott is snuggling on me- the usual back from a trip routine. I just returned from an amazing trip to England. I went for the Focus on Imaging show in Birmingham but I went a day early to Horwich (my home town). Tabitha Sims, who I have known since we were 5, is a photographer and she helped me with the show. After the show I went back to Horwich and surprised Linda Birchall and then went to Bolton to spend the night with Tabs. I had less than 2 hours in Bolton town centre and then went to Yorkshire to see Auntie Ann and Beth and Britt. I have not been to England in 22 years so it was surreal. I surprised Auntie Dorothy and Terry and Andrew. I met Beth and Britt's kids- and Britt's husband. It was awesome. I took a zillion photos as well-- more to come in the next few days. From the top- Horwich Market- which has changed a lot. It used to be the place where people did their weekly shopping and now it is "rubbish-- like a car boot sale." The second shot is taken from Lee Lane looking at Lord Street school where yours truly went from the age of 4-11. In the background is Rivington Pike which is a beacon that dates back to 1199. That's ancient history for some. I saw it lit on the day Charles and Diana got married. The third shot is a pub and the fourth is a view down Winter Hey Lane.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: